Animalintex is a veterinary poultice dressing. Animalintex works effectively as a cold poultice to reduce swelling, stiffness and soreness and as a hot poultice to draw abscesses and infections. Animalintex can also use as an antiseptic dry dressing.
- Effective for splints, sore shins, sprains and bruises
- Relieves and prevents swelling. Treats capped hocks and capped elbows
- Use for laminitis, thrush, seedy toe, corns and puncture wounds
- Treats open and infected wounds, cracked heels and mud fever
HOW TO USE ANIMALINTEX
HOT WET POULTICING
- Clean mud and dirt away from the area to be treated.
- Use whole or cut to the size required. (Place remainder back in the bag for use later).
- Place with the plastic side upermost in a shallow tray. (Do not use a bucket unless it has been very carefully cleansed first).
- Use boiled water that has been allowed to cool to 38ºC/100ºF and pour the water into the tray, around the edges of the Animalintex.
- When saturated, take out and gently hand squeeze out the excess water. (If pus is to be absorbed, squeeze out more water so that the poultice is damp rather than wet).
- Place on the affected area with the plastic side on the outside, moulding the Animalintex to the contours of the body.
- Hold in place with a bandage such as the Robinson Superflex cohesive bandage, making sure the poultice is completely covered.
COLD WET POULTICING
Follow the same procedure as above, butt using boiled water that has been allowed to cool thoroughly before pouring. When the Animalintex is saturated, squeeze out excess water and apply cold to the affected area.
After cleaning the area, apply the dressing directly then bandage. Used dry, Animalintex may be used several times and still retain its effectiveness.
DRY PRESSURE BANDAGING
Use dry, apply directly and bandage.
The all-purpose veterinary poultice and wound dressing. For use on horses and dogs (unsterile) FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
USE ANIMALINTEX TO CARE FOR YOUR HORSE OR PONY
COMPOSITION INGREDIENTS – TRAGACANTH 6.02g BORIC ACID 2.08g
Animalintex should be renewed at least once every 12 hours.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN